Research stay for post-doctoral scholars and PhD students
- The Swiss government awards university scholarships to foreign researchers through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
- The list of countries in which you can apply for a Swiss government scholarship and details of the application procedure are available on the web pages of the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation, under Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- As a first step, please contact the Swiss Embassy in your home country to request the necessary application documents and information regarding the application deadline.
- In addition to your application to the Swiss embassy, you must include a letter of acceptance from a professor who is willing to act as your research supervisor during your study period in Switzerland.
Finding a Supervisor
- On the website of the Graduate Institute, Geneva you will find a general overview of the Institute’s current research programmes and a list of faculty members.
- Once you have identified the department or research centre of your interest, apply to the Visiting Fellows Programme.
- Once admitted to this programme, you will receive a letter of acceptance and support from a professor.
If you are looking instead to apply for a PhD programme, please visit Admissions.