APPLICATION FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
- Be enrolled in a master or PhD programme at one of our partner institutions for at least two semesters/one academic year
- Have been nominated by their home institution prior to submitting their application file to the Graduate Institute, Geneva
The Institute has an English-French bilingual teaching policy. Most of the classes, however, are taught in English. Students can express themselves in class and submit written work in either English or French.
All students must have a good command of English. Knowledge of French is not an admission condition.
Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications taught in English, or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying at university level in English, must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English.
Recognised tests and scores
TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language)
- Internet-test : 100
- Paper-test : 600
- Computer based test : 250
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) : 7.0
CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : A-B-C
CAE (Cambridge Advanced English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : AB
Further to nomination by their home institutions, candidates will receive a link to our online application form.
In addition to completing the online application form, students are required to submit the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Copies of all academic transcripts and university diplomas
- English language certificate if applicable (see requirements here)
- Passport size photo
- Copy of applicant's passport
- For a stay during the Autumn Semester: 1 April
- For a stay during the Spring Semester: 1 November
Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail within a few weeks of the application deadline.
Welcome Incoming Exchange Students