The Graduate Institute and the Global Studies Institute, University of Geneva are pleased to offer a New Dual Degree Programme for students interested in International Affairs, Development Studies and Global Health.
This programme is designed to enable students enrolled in one of the selected master programmes (Master in International Affairs or Master in Development Studies at the Graduate Institute and Master in Global Health at the Global Studies Institute) to combine their studies with a selected programme at the partner institution and become specialists in the domain of global health while gaining an extensive understanding of international affairs or development issues.
Successful candidates will benefit from the possibility of obtaining two MA degrees in a three year period, thus gaining one year on the regular four year completion period.
Students interested in the Dual Degree programme should initially submit a regular application for one of the relevant master programmes:
At the Graduate Institute:
At the Global Studies Institute:
Students can then apply to the Dual Degree during their second year of studies. Eligible candidates must have completed an exchange semester (30 ECTS) at the partner institution prior to applying.
Students who begin their studies with an MA in International Affairs or an MA in Development Studies:
- Semesters 1 and 2: at the Graduate Institute
- Semester 3: exchange semester at the Global Studies Institute (30 ECTS) Please consult our regular exchange programme procedure
- Semester 4: at the Graduate Institute
- Semesters 5 and 6: at the Global Studies Institute
Students who begin their studies with an MA in Global Health:
- Semesters 1 and 2: at the Global Studies Institute
- Semesters 3 and 4: at the Global Studies Institute and the Graduate Institute, during which 30 ECTS credits must be validated at the Graduate Institute (to be completed over 1 or 2 semesters)
- Semester 5 and 6: at the Graduate Institute
Tuition fees and financial aid
Students will pay tuition fees to the institute of their initial admission for the first two years and to the partner institute during their third year. Students may apply for financial aid to the institution where they are paying tuition fees.
For more information, please contact :