PhD, University of Oxford
Before joining the Institute in 2009, Annabelle Littoz-Monnet was Assistant Professor at the Central European University, Budapest (2005-2009). She has also worked for the Socio-Legal Studies Centre at Oxford University and as a Research fellow at the Royal Institute of International Relations, Brussels (2004-2005). Her articles have appeared in journals such as the International Studies Quarterly, the European Journal of Political Reserach, Governance, the European Journal of Political Research and the Journal of Common Market Studies. Her current research interests include global governance, the politics of knowledge, international organisations, bureaucratic expansion and the concept of ethical expertise. She is now working on a SNSF research project examining uses of ethical experts by bureaucrats and policy-makers. She is also co-director of the Global Governance Centre.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (ed). The Politics of Expertise in International Organizations. How International Bureaucracies Use and Produce Knowledge, Routledge, March 2017.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. and F. Forêt (eds) (2015). The Politics of Values in EU Governance. Occurrences, Effects and Modes of Regulation of Values, Politique européenne, 2015
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2007). The European Union and Culture: between Economic Regulation and Cultural Policy, European Policy Unit Series, Manchester: Manchester University Press.
Selected peer-reviewed Articles:
- Littoz-Monnet, A. "Expert Knowledge as a Strategic Resource: International Bureaucrats and the Shaping of Bioethical Standards", International Studies Quarterly, Vol. 61, Issue 3:584-595.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2015) ‘Ethics experts as a Tool of Technocratic Governance: Evidence from the EU’s human embryonic stem cell research policy’, Governance, Vol 28, Issue 3: 357-372.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2014) ‘The Role of Independent Regulators in Policy-making: Venue-Shopping and Framing Strategies in the EU Regulation of Old Wives Cures’, European Journal of Political Research, Vol 53, No. 1: 1-17.
- Littoz-Monnet, A (2013). ‘Explaining Policy Conflict across Institutional Venues: EU-level Struggles over the Memory of the Holocaust’, Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 51, No. 3 : 489-504.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2012). ‘The EU Politics of Commemoration. Can Europeans Remember Together?', West European Politics, Vol 35, No 5: 1182-1202.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2012). 'Agenda-setting Dynamics at the EU Level: the Case of the EU's Cultural Policy', Journal of European Integration, Vol 34, Issue 7:
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2010). ‘Dynamic Multi-Level Governance – Bringing the Study of Multi-level Interactions into the Theorising of European Integration’, European Integration Online Papers (EIOP), Vol. 14, Article 01.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2008). ‘EU civic citizenship and EU institutions: match or mismatch?', Politique Européenne, no. 26: 31-52.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2006). ‘The EU’s copyright policy: droit d’auteur or right to copy?’ Journal of European Public Policy, Volume 13, Issue 3: 438-455.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2005). ‘The EU Politics of Books Pricing’, West European Politics', Volume 28, No. 1: 159-181.
- Littoz-Monnet, A. (2003). ‘European Cultural Policy: A French Creation?’, French Politics, Volume 1, No.2: 255-278.