PhD University of Geneva (Graduate Institute of International Studies)
Marc Hufty's current research activities focus on multi-level environmental governance processes. He has taught and done field research in Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Nicaragua, Madagascar and South Africa.
- Hufty, M., Schulz, T., Tschopp, M. 2013. The Role of Small States: Switzerland. In Sebastian Oberthür and Kristin Rosendal (Eds.): Global Governance of Genetic Resources: Access and Benefit Sharing after the Nagoya Protocol. Earthscan/Routledge.
- Hufty M. 2011. Investigating policy processes: The Governance Analytical Framework (GAF). In: Wiesmann, U., Hurni, H., et al. editors. Research for Sustainable Development: Foundations, Experiences, and Perspectives. Bern: NCCR North-South / Geographica Bernensia: 403–424. http://ssrn.com/author=1549196
- Hufty, M. 2011. A political ecology of Latin American forests through time. In C. Auroi and A. Helg (eds). Latin America 1810-2010: Dreams and Legacy. London: Imperial College Press, pp. 241-268.
- Seghezzo, L., Volante, J.N., Paruelo, J., Somma, D.J., Buliubasich, E.C., Rodriguez, H., Gagnon, S., Hufty, M. 2011. Native Forests and Agriculture in Salta (Argentina): Conflicting Visions of Development. Journal of Environment and Development 20 (3) 251–277.
- Hufty, M. and Haakenstad, A. 2011. Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation: A Critical Review. Consilience: The Journal of Sustainable Development. Columbia University. 5 (1): 1-24.http://ssrn.com/author=1549196
- Hufty, M. 2008. Pizarro Protected Area: A political ecology perspective on land use, soybeans and Argentina’s nature conservation policy. In Galvin, M. and Haller, T., (eds). People, Protected Areas and Global Change: Participatory Conservation in Latin America, Africa, Asia and Europe. Bern: NCCR North-South / Geographica Bernensia: 145-173. http://ssrn.com/author=1549196
- Hufty, M. 2007. La gouvernance est-elle un concept opérationnel? Proposition pour un cadre analytique. Fédéralisme-Régionalisme. 7 (2).
- 2011/14. Coordinator. Research project “Adapting to Adaptation (ADAPT2): Studying the influence of climate change adaptation discourses and policies on local governance processes”. Financed by the Swiss National Fund for Scientific Research.
- 2010/12. Coordinator. Research project “Can small players make a difference? A multilevel governance assessment of the Swiss contribution to the establishment of an international regime on Biodiversity (SWIC-2)”. Financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Education and Research.
- 2008/11. Member of the Coordination Committee, Coordinator for Switzerland, COST Action IS0802 “The Transformation of Global Environmental Governance: Risks and Opportunities (TGEG)”