What is behind the WHO 13th General Programme of Work (GPW13) that puts healthier populations and wellbeing as one of the key priorities to keep SDGs on track? Does it mean the rediscovery of health promotion as interpreted by the Ottawa Charter and subsequent declarations? What does the new thinking imply in terms of policy and implementation? How is this mindset reflected in the new structure of the WHO Headquarters, the establishment of the Division of Healthier Populations which will be working towards seeing 1 billion more people enjoying better health and wellbeing? What can Civil Society Organisations do on their part to make healthier populations and wellbeing a reality?
This seminar serves as a platform of various stakeholders to forge a common understanding and explore the potential joint activities for implementing the key strategic directions of GPW13.
Opening and Welcome
- Bernard Kadasia, President, Alliance for Health Promotion
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, WHO
- Naoko Yamamoto, WHO Assistant Director-General for Healthier Populations
- Elizabeth Cherian Paramesh, Director Lakeside Center for Health Promotion, Bangalore, India
- Ingrid Daniels, President-Elect, World Federation for Mental Health
- Daniel Semmy, Chairperson of Pharmacy Education, International Pharmaceutical Students Federation
- Loyce Pace, President & Executive Director, Global Health Council
- Lakshmi Somatunga, Secretary, Ministry of Health Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine
- Svetlana Akselrod, Director UNIATF and GCM Secretariat, WHO
- Mihály Kökény, Senior Fellow, Global Health Centre, Graduate Institute
- Naoko Yamamoto, Assistant Director-General for Healthier Populations, WHO