- Next session: 17 June - 12 July 2019
The Summer Programme on International Affairs provides students with a comprehensive understanding of International organisations as wel as thew role of NGOs and private initatives engaged in the protection of individual rights and the promotion of human security.
- Week 1: The Uses and Abuses of Humanitarianism: Its History and Politics
- Week 2: Security and Insecurity Today
- Week 3: Sustainable Development
- Week 4: The Global Environmental Crisis: Rising to the Challenges
- Next session: 19 - 30 August 2019
Through academic lectures and direct interaction with negotiators and practitioners from international organisations, participants acquire a clear sense of the core mission of the UN as well as develop critical analysis of future challenges in international relations.
The Summer Programme explores the concepts and key issues of peace and security, human rights and humanitarian challenges, international development, North-South relations and the future of global governance.
Discover the Graduate Institute
We are Europe’s oldest school of international affairs, founded to prepare future policy-makers to lead tomorrow’s world. Students from over 100 different countries study in our modern campus in the heart of International Geneva. Learn more.