Centre for Finance and Development
The Centre for Finance and Development (CFD) serves as a leading international and interdisciplinary exchange platform aimed at strengthening the dialogue and cooperation among international organizations, diplomatic missions, NGOs, academics, and Geneva and Swiss financial centres.
CFD also provides support to the Graduate Institute’s researchers and students who work on finance and development-related topics such as access to financial markets in developing countries, alternative sources of funding (microfinance or micro-insurance), international assistance, sustainable development, philanthropy and impact investing.
The Centre was created thanks to a generous grant from the Pictet Foundation for Development.
WHAT WE DO
- Master’s programme courses
- Doctoral courses and research seminars
- Courses taught by Institute’s alumni with senior positions in international financial institutions
- Books and articles in leading academic journals
- Policy briefs
- CFD Research Paper Series
- Op-eds and media presence
- International conferences
- Series on the Future of Development Finance (in cooperation with the World Bank)
- High-level public lectures
- Forum for international financial institutions’ annual reports
- Technical workshops
- Visiting fellows program
- Coordination of internships for Institute’s students
- Academic and career support for Institute’s students
- Logistic support for faculty and students seeking external funding sources