New Year Networking Night
Celebrate the New Year with alumni, participants and friends of Executive Education at the Graduate Institute. Come hear insights from members of our community and open up the door to new opportunities in 2017. Choose from a number of topics to be discussed in parallel programme sessions including:
Advocacy (ADV) – Influence in 2017
Join a circle discussion that will consider the following questions: Which of the international trends will impact advocacy agenda the most in 2017? Are Sustainable Development Goals redefining the way advocacy strategies are being developed and executed? Which types of organizations will be the most influential?
- Alexandre Munafo ADV '15, Global Engagement Officer, Interpeace
- Nilani Sritharan ADV '16,Global Nutrition & External Affairs Group Manager, Cereal Partners Worldwide
Environmental Governance (ENV) - Green Jobs
Hear from alumni who have transitioned to, are working in and working on green jobs and find out everything you need to know about green jobs, including: What are they? What and where are the opportunities for green jobs now and where will they be in the future? What opportunities do green jobs provide for the economy and our planet? How can I transition to a green job?
- Daniel Akinmade Emejulu ENV '16, Consultant, Economics and Trade Branch, United Nations Environment Programme
Development policies and practices (DPP) – Migration and development
Engage with current DPP participants from Latin America and Africa along with alumni on a topic that is already shaping many development organization’s agenda. How will migration change the global development agenda? Will migration affect foreign aid allocation? Is there any good aid strategy to address the migration phenomenon? How are development organizations coping with the migration crisis?
- Rebecca Simona DPP '15, Integration Counsellor, SOS Ticino,
- Laurent Torche DPP '15, Deputy Head of the Analysis and Policy Division, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Programme sessions run concurrently from 18:30-19:30 and will be followed by a networking reception with drinks and appetizers from 19:30-20:30.