The Private Sector and Sustainability: A New Way Forward?
Organised by IHEID Environmental Committee
Auditorium Ivan Pictet
Maison de la paix, Geneva
Recent literature examining economic growth trajectories highlights the growing importance of a vibrant private sector in achieving sustainable development. This is especially true when considering the Agenda 2030 on Sustainable Development.
This event will discuss the role of the private sector in achieving sustainable development and investigate future trends in this field. With participation from exceptional guests from the private and public sector, we will investigate the role of multinationals, entrepreneurs and international organisations in the years to come.
Keynote Speech: Nikhil Seth, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General, Executive Director, UNITAR
Panel Discussion with:
- Careen Abb, Programme Lead, Positive Impact, UNEP Finance Initiative
- Amanda Byrde, Co-Founder and Head of Finance, Impact Hub
- Virginie Mahin, Senior External Affairs Manager, Mondelez International
- María Mendiluce, Managing Director, Senior Management Team, WBCSD
- (Moderator) Dario Piselli, Research Officer, Global Health Centre; PhD Candidate, Department of International Law, IHEID
The panel will be followed by a networking aperitif offered by the IHEID Environmental Committee as part of Swiss Sustainability Week, organised by the Swiss Association of Student Organisations for Sustainability.