Information and updateS
23 March 2020 - GRADUATE INSTITUTE CLASSES OFFERED EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE
Although the coronavirus epidemic has meant the closure of our campuses, the Institute is committed to retaining continuity in our academic programmes.
For this reason, we are pleased to announce that all of our classes are available in an online format until further notice.
Please refer to the following instructions to learn how to access classes online.
21 March 2020 - GRADUATE STUDENT TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS
We learned that a Graduate Institute student who was residing off Campus, has tested positive for the coronavirus upon returning to his home country mid-March. We have been in contact with the student who is doing well and he is receiving the appropriate care. We wish him a swift recovery.
The student was following five courses. Professors, teaching assistants, and students who were in his courses have been informed and received the recommendation to put themselves in self-quarantine.
We continue to monitor the situation and are working closely with the local authorities.
16 March 2020 - GRADUATE INSTITUTE IMPORTANTE INFORMATION
The safety and well-being of our community is our highest priority and we are continuing to monitor the situation closely and follow the recommendations of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) as well as the State of Geneva.
Please note that as of 16:00 CET, Monday 16 March
- The cafeteria and restaurant will be closed until further notice
The following measures will be implemented as of Wednesday 18 March until further notice:
- The Library will be closed.
- Campus buildings will be accessible to authorised persons only to ensure the maintenance of essential services.
- All staff will work from home, all classes will be offered exclusively online as of Monday 23 March, and essential administrative and technical services will be managed by a limited number of staff selected by senior management.
- Public events, meaning events open to the external public, continue to be cancelled until further notice. Please note that some events may be available via live stream only. Please consult our events page for the latest updates.
13 March 2020 - EVENTS AT THE GRADUATE INSTITUTE
Due to evolving public health risks related to the novel coronavirus, public events, meaning events open to the external public, are cancelled until further notice.
Please note that some events may be available via live stream only. Please consult our events page for the latest updates.