Master in International Law (120 ECTS)
- A two-year programme providing in-depth training in international law as well as the tools and approaches necessary for rigorous legal analysis.
- Includes complementary courses in other disciplines (economics, history, political science, anthropology and sociology)
- The programme comprises compulsory courses, optional seminars and an original research dissertation in the second year.
- The programme is aimed at those who wish to pursue either a PhD or a career in research.
Learn about programmes at the Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
PhD in international law
- Designed for outstanding students with a strong commitment to international law and a proven ability to carry out independent research.
- A highly stimulating, intellectual environment.
- Research supervision covers a wide range of topics.
- Students receive extensive intellectual support throughout their research, via formal supervision, specialised doctoral seminars and a wide range of events.
LL.M. in International Law (60 ECTS)
- Our LL.M. in International Law is a one-year programme that provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in international law.
- The LL.M. gives a firm grounding in public international law, yet allows students to tailor their studies according to their particular interests. Speciality streams include International Environmental Law and Governance; International Economic Law; and Human Rights, Migration and International Humanitarian Law.
- In addition to teaching general and specialist legal knowledge, the LL.M. in International Law facilitates a deeper exploration of the most pressing issues in the discipline and hones the professional skills necessary to launch or advance a career in international law.
- Our LL.M. students have a strong track record of employment in the legal profession, international and non-governmental organisations, government ministries and diplomacy, as well as various private sector destinations.