The Graduate Institute, Geneva Refugee Scholarship
Deeply concerned by the magnitude of the migratory crisis and the fate of tens of thousands of people in war zones who are seeking refuge in places such as Switzerland, the Graduate Institute has decided to support refugees in Switzerland holding a B or F permit and wishing to pursue their studies by offering them a full annual scholarship amounting to CHF 20,000 to cover living expenses, with the possibility of a tuition fee reduction depending on the candidate’s financial means. The scholarship may be renewed on the basis of a documented application.
- Applicants should have been granted a Swiss Refugee status (Permit B) or have a Provisional Admission for Foreigners status (Permit F)
- Applicants must provide a letter from the Swiss Government confirming refugee status or provisional admission in Switzerland
- Applicants must be resident in Switzerland
- Applicants must be accepted into one of the study programmes at the Institute
- Only new students may apply: those already enrolled are not eligible to apply
Application for the scholarship
- Candidates must apply for one of the study programmes at the Institute by following this link and specify in their motivation letter that they want to apply for the Graduate Institute, Geneva Refugee Scholarship
- The main requirement to apply for one of our Master programmes is a Bachelor degree, or a degree deemed equivalent, in the social sciences
- The main requirement to apply for our PhD programme is a Master degree, or a degree deemed equivalent, in the social sciences and, to the extent possible, a Master-level research dissertation successfully completed
- Candidates must also meet the Institute’s language requirements
The candidates’ eligibility is assessed by the Financial Aid Committee according to the application file, which includes documents justifying financial needs and a motivation letter. The committee pays particular attention to academic results, the motivation letter and the request for financial aid, but also to references and other relevant information.
- 15 January 2019
For questions related to study programmes or admission: firstname.lastname@example.org
For help in the application process, please contact the Migration Initiative: email@example.com