This page is intended to help students find the appropriate administrator to answer any question they may have. Before calling, try to find the information first on the Student portal - most documents, forms, and administrative information related to the Graduate Institute, are available online.
First, what kind of question do you have?
- Compilation of Federal Legislation
- Ordinance on the admission, residence and work authorisation for foreigners
- Residence with authorisation to work
- Foreign graduates holding a Swiss university-level diploma to be granted easier access to the labor market
- Complete free movement of persons for the citizens of the EU-8
- Libre circulation des personnes Suisse – UE/AELE
- Fill out the forms M or EU forms and sign together with your employer;
- Go to the Institute's Career Services, together with enclosed M (request for non-EU/EFTA nationals) or form EU (request for EU/EFTA nationals) and your student card in order to get an authorisation for the job or internship.
Send or bring directly the whole file (i.e. form, the authorisation remitted by the Career Services, proof of payment and other required documents) by regular mail to :
Office cantonal de la population (OCP)
Service des étrangers
88, route de Chancy
Case postale 2652
1211 Genève 2
Foreign students, holding a student permit B, are allowed to work 15 hours per week during classes and full time during academic holidays.
Non-EU citizens holding a student permit B are not allowed to work during the first 6 months of their studies in Switzerland. EU citizens can start working as soon as they have received their permit B.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The internship and job offers are available on our protected web pages and are reserved exclusively for our current students, recent graduates and alumni. If you are part of one of these groups, please check the job offers directly on our website by using your IHEID login details. For any question, please contact us at email@example.com
Yes. Career Services organises CV modification and preparation workshops throughout the academic year. You have also the possibility to drop by the career services office without appointment during the Walk-In Advising sessions.
No. Entrance is open to current and former students and is free of charge. However, please go to the welcome desk where a badge will be provided to you.
Please contact Laurent Neury at firstname.lastname@example.org.