AfCFTA and the future of African trade
Organised as part of the GISA Africa SummitPanel Discussion
Maison de la Paix, Geneva
Round Table Discussion with:
- Dr Yonov Frederick AGAH, Deputy Director General, World Trade Organization
- Dr Judith FESSEHAIE, Program Officer Women and Trade, International Trade Center
- Prof. Aidan RUSSELL, Assistant Professor, International History. The Graduate Institute, Geneva
- Ms Annette Ssemuwemba, Deputy Executive Director, Enhanced Integrated Framework
- Dr Theresa CARPENTER, Executive Director, Centre for Trade and Economic Integration
This panel will discuss the newly signed AfCFTA and the future of African trade and regionalism. The agreement aspires to create a single African market worth over US$ 2 trillion with almost 1 billion people. The significance of the agreement, as well as the challenges and opportunities, including practical steps that need to be taken to move towards the ambitions of the agreement will be explored by the speakers. There will also be a Q&A.
This Panel Discussion is part of the three-event Africa Summit, a initiative of GISA.
For further enquiries about this event, please send an email to email@example.com