Green industrial policies for transformative change
Panel discussionMaison de la Paix, Auditorium A1B
The CIES is delighted to partner with the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) at the occasion of the launch of its three publications on green industrial policy: “Green Industrial Policy and Trade: A Toolbox”, “Practitioner's Guide to Strategic Green Industrial Policy”, and “Green Industrial Policy: Concept, Policies, Country Experiences”.
In light of the urgency to shift the economy to a sustainable pathway, green industrial policies are proposed as a way to accelerate transformative change. During a panel discussion, speakers will discuss the potential of green industrial policy to support an inclusive green economy transition, drawing on the insights from the three publications developed by PAGE and country-level policy experience.
- Joelle Noailly, Head of Research, CIES, Graduate Institute
- Steven Stone, Chief, Resources and Markets Branch, UN Environment
- Tilman Altenburg, Head of the Department of Sustainable Economic and Social Development, German Development Institute (DIE) and co-editor of “Green Industrial Policy: Concept, Policies, Country Experiences”
- Frank Van Rompaey, UNIDO
- Jorge E. Viñuales, Professor for Law and Environmental Policy, University of Cambridge, and lead author of “Green Industrial Policy and Trade: A Toolbox”
- His Excellency Ambassador Alvaro Cedeño Molinari, Permanent Representative of Costa Rica to the World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Moderator: Claudia Assmann, Associate Programme Officer, Economic and Fiscal Policy Unit, UN Environment
The panel discussion will be followed by a reception. Entrance is free, but registration is highly encouraged.
This event is jointly organized with:
Registration / Inscription