Admission Conditions for Incoming Exchange Students
- Be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme at one of our partner institutions for at least 2 semesters/1 academic year
- Have been nominated by their home institution prior to submitting their application file to the Graduate Institute, Geneva
The Institute has an English-French bilingual teaching policy. However, most of the classes are taught in English. Students can speak and write in either English or French.
The Institute values diversity and encourages students with no prior knowledge or only a basic knowledge of French to apply. It is happy to award these students a place, if they undertake to attend a free French course. Knowledge of French is not an admission condition or a condition for exams.
All students must have a good command of English.
Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications taught in English, or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying at university level in English, must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English. Learn more.
Further to nomination by their home institutions, candidates will receive a link to our online application form.
In addition to completing the online application form, students are required to submit the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Copies of all academic transcripts and university diplomas
- English language certificate if applicable (see requirements here)
- Passport size photo
Copy of applicants passport
- For a stay during the Autumn semester: April 1st
- For a stay during the Spring semester: November 1st
Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail within a few weeks.