Governance and Institutions
The Governance and Institutions research cluster within the International Relations/ Political Science department researches the national, international and transnational structures, actors and processes that are involved in political governance. Faculty’s research focuses on: transnational relations, state and non-state actors; bilateral, regional, and multilateral international organisations; security, trade, and environmental governance; and institutional, sanction and reform effectiveness.
Current Research Project
- Garrison State Project
- Gender Experts and Gender Expertise
- Gender and Conflict
- Trade and the Environment
- Can an International Organisation’s Propensity to Reform Help its Member-states Break Through Policy Gridlock?
- International Relations Studies and Education: A Comparative Analysis of Russian, Swiss, and Canadian Approaches
- What Types of Reform Enhance an International Organisation’s Effectiveness?
- Transnational Private Governance for the Environment in China
- Explaining International Organizations’ Mission Creep: How international Bureaucrats Shape Bioethics
- National Policy and Transnational Governance of Climate Change: Substitutes or Complements?
- Création d’un espace discursif mondial
- Dialectical Reflections on Transformations of Global Security during the Long Twentieth Century
- Business as usual: The role of norms in alliance management
- Ethics Experts as an Instrument of Technocratic Governance: Evidence from EU Medical Biotechnology Policy
- Transnational Networks and Paths to EU Environmental Compliance: Evidence from New Member States
- The role of independent regulators in policy making: Venue-shopping and framing strategies in the EU regulation of old wives cures
- Boomerangs to Partnerships? Explaining State Participation in Transnational Partnerships for Sustainability
Books/ Book Chapters
- Global security governance
- UN Targeted Sanctions as Signals: Naming and Shaming, or Naming and Stigmatizing?
- Rising Powers and the Reform of Practices of International Security Institutions
- Global Internet Governance: Governance without Governors
- Corporate Social Responsibility and the Neoliberalisation of Feminism
- Transnational Climate Change Governance
- Greener Together? Multi-Level Integration and Environmental Protection in Enlarged EU
- Multinationals, the State and Control of the Nigerian Economy
- Participating in Transnational Policy Networks: Targeted Sanctions
- The Politics of Values in EU Governance. Occurrences, Effects and Modes of Regulation of Values
- Feminist Strategies in International Governance