- Designed for outstanding students with a strong commitment to international law and a proven ability to carry out independent research work
- Highly stimulating intellectual environment
- Research supervision available to cover a wide range of topics
- Students receive extensive intellectual support throughout their research, via formal supervision, specialised doctoral seminars and a wide range of events
Early admisson deadline
- Application deadline: 15 November 2017*
- Decision notification: mid-January 2018
Regular admisson deadline
- Application deadline: 15 January 2018**
- Decision notification: mid-March 2018
Late admisson deadline
- Application deadline: 1 March 2018**
- Decision notification: early April 2018
Applications for 2018 will open mid-September 2017.
* This deadline is recommended for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship applicants. If and when admitted to the Graduate Institute, we will provide a letter from your provisional research supervisor in support of your scholarship application. Applicants should not contact professors directly.
** Referees will have an additional week to submit their reference letters.