- Designed for outstanding students with a strong commitment to international law and a proven ability to carry out independent research work.
- Highly stimulating, intellectual environment.
- Research supervision available to cover a wide range of topics.
- Students receive extensive intellectual support throughout their research, via formal supervision, specialised doctoral seminars and a wide range of events.
Early admission deadline
- Application deadline: 15 November 2018*
- Decision notification: mid-January 2019
Regular admission deadline
- Application deadline: 15 January 2019**
- Decision notification: mid-March 2019
Late admission deadline
- Application deadline: 1 March 2019**
- Decision notification: early April 2019
Applications for 2019 will open mid-September 2018.
* This deadline is recommended for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship applicants. If and when admitted to the Graduate Institute, we will provide a letter from your provisional research supervisor in support of your scholarship application. Applicants should not contact professors directly.
** Referees will have an additional week to submit their reference letters.