Master and LLM
Master in International Law (120 ECTS)
- A two-year programme providing in-depth training in international law as well as the tools and approaches necessary for rigorous legal analysis.
- Includes complementary courses in other disciplines (economics, history, political science, anthropology and sociology).
- The programme comprises compulsory courses, optional seminars and an original research dissertation in the second year.
- Aimed at those who wish to pursue either a PhD or a career in research.
Early admission deadline
- Application deadline: 15 November 2018*
- Decision notification: mid-January 2019
Regular admission deadline
- Application deadline: 15 January 2019*
- Decision notification: mid-March 2019
Late admission deadline
- Application deadline: 1 March 2019*
- Decision notification: early April 2019
* Referees will have an additional week to submit their reference letter.
Applications for 2019 will open mid-September 2018.
LL.M. in International Law (60 ECTS)
- Our LL.M. in International Law is a one-year programme that provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in international law.
- The LL.M. gives a firm grounding in public international law, yet allows students to tailor their studies according to their particular interests. Speciality streams include International Environmental Law and Governance; International Economic Law; and Human Rights, Migration and International Humanitarian Law.
- In addition to teaching general and specialist legal knowledge, the LL.M. in International Law facilitates a deeper exploration of the most pressing issues in the discipline and hones the professional skills necessary to launch or advance a career in international law.
- Our LL.M. students have a strong track record of employment in the legal profession, international and non-governmental organisations, government ministries and diplomacy, as well as various private sector destinations.