Our Department has a rich tradition of teaching and research in international law, influencing the evolution of the international legal order by training the most promising international lawyers of tomorrow.
We offer Master, PhD and LLM degrees in international law, as well as joint LL.M. programmes with the University of Geneva and Georgetown Law School. Courses are offered in English and French and the thesis can be written in either of these languages.
Students benefit from an unrivalled student-faculty ratio, one of the world’s broadest course-offerings in international law, and exposure to international legal practice in Geneva.
Our Faculty members are respected international experts in their fields. They are active in research and the publication of their work, as well as providing advice to governments and international organisations, and serving on key bodies in their respective fields.
Research by faculty members on cutting edge issues in international law is complemented in the following centres and programmes:
- Centre for International Environmental Studies
- Global Migration Centre
- Centre for Trade and Economic Integration
- Global Health Centre
- Programme for the Study of International Governance
- Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (Geneva Academy)
- the Geneva Center for International Dispute Settlement (CIDS)