When to arrive in Geneva
It is not necessary to arrive in Geneva much in advance of the beginning of classes. Depending on your own need to “find your feet", we would advise that you plan to arrive 3-7 days in advance. Geneva is quite small and when the academic year begins, you will still have time between classes to take care of all your paperwork and get organised.
The Graduate Institute Student Association, GISA, organises social events during the week before the beginning of classes and also in the first week of the semester. These will provide a great opportunity for you to meet your fellow students and will help you to become integrated and settle in.
- Monday 21 August: Beginning of the intensive maths course ("bootcamp") for students in MA Economics
- Monday 28 August: Beginning of the intensive French course (if applicable - check your registration status on your follow-up)
- Thursday 7 September: Public holiday in Geneva, the Institute will be closed
- Monday 18 September: Beginning of the academic year and Orientation Day
- Tuesday 19 September: Beginning of classes