The Reception Desk is available for general information and administrative questions regarding your stay in Geneva and your studies at the Institute.
- Adress: Maison de la paix, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2, 1202 Genève
- Tél: +41 22 908 57 57
- Who's who Service des étudiants
- Plan du campus
At the beginning of the semester, all students will receive an electronic invoice for the semester’s tuition fees that is available on the Campus invoicing portal. Your certificate of registration for the semester is available on your Campus account, under “reporting” (personal secure access).
Student card (multi-service card)
Your student card needs to be validated each semester, using the terminal which stands at the front of the Student Services’ reception desk.
In case of loss, please proceed in the following manner:
- immediately inform the IT department (tel: + 41 22 908 57 46 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org);
- pay CHF 10 to the accounting department (P1, level 4, see opening hours);
- present the payment receipt to the helpdesk (P1, level 3), so that they can issue your new card.
Transcripts, duplicates and other certificates/attestations
An official transcript of your results obtained during the semester is available each semester free of charge from the Student Services.
An unofficial transcript is available on your Campus account, under “reporting” (personal secure access).
The following official documents will be available for CHF 15:
- certified copy of diploma and transcript of grades
- any certificate other than the one issued each semester
Coursework or correspondence addressed to a faculty member
Any coursework or correspondence addressed to a faculty member must be placed in their physical mailbox (located in the same place as their office) or sent to their email address at the Institute (email@example.com) according to the faculty member’s indications.
Change of address
- Students are required to immediately register any change of address during the whole duration of their studies filling out on Campus the 2nd section of the "Invoicing Portal".
- To change the address at the University of Geneva, please click here
The email address the student receives when registering at the Institute is essential for all communications with the Institute. Our faculty members and administrative staff use it to keep you informed of important events, deadlines and any urgent matter related to your studies. It is therefore required of you to read the messages received at that address or to transfer these messages to your personal e-mail address.
Legalisation of documents and signatures
In case you need your Graduate Institute diploma and your transcript of grades to be legalised, this can be done at the Civil Registration and Legalisations Office in Geneva.
For more information, please click here.
Request to postpone annual military service (for Swiss citizens only)
The online form, duly completed and signed, must be returned to the secretariat of your programme. It will then be submitted to the Institute's liaison officer.
You will find all the necessary information regarding the application on the Swiss Confederation website
Postal address of the Institute
All written communications must be addressed to:
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- P.O. Box 1672
- CH-1211 Geneva 1