Friday, 8 December 2017.
08h30 - 15h30 (last appointment @ 14h15)
Petal 2, Level 3
Giving blood provides an essential lifeline to those in need. Currently four out of five people will need blood once in their life. Presently only 2.5% of the Swiss population give their blood.
In collaboration with our Partners of Maison de la paix and our student initiatives, we will be organising a one day event where our community can donate blood at Maison de la paix.
If you are interested in donating blood, please read the below documents, complete the pledge form and email it to email@example.com
Once you have emailed your pledge form, the blood donations committee will email you the agenda link to book your appointment as well as the following documentation. The 'Registration for Blood Donors' form is only required on the day and will need to be handed to the medical professional.
- Registration for Blood Donors (needs to be printed double-sided)
- Information sheet for blood donors
- Practical Information (French version only)
What to know for the Donation day?
Please bring your:
- Registration for Blood Donors Form (printed double-sided)
- A piece of Identity document
What to expect when donating blood?
Watch this short film to see the process involved when donating blood with HUG which might be different to other places.
Some Tips for a Successful Donation
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Drink lots of water before and after the donation (1 litre minimum).
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation and try to avoid fatty foods. Don't arrive with an empty stomach.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- Avoid intense sports 48 hours before and after the donation.
For more information, please visit HUG website (the French version is more detailed). For any medical related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and for any general questions related to the event, feel free to contact email@example.com.