eduroam is an international service that allows students and collaborators, members of the eduroam federation, to use free and secured wireless Internet.
The Graduate Institute's eduroam network is intended to visitors coming from external institutions.
- Install an eduroam profile on your computer, once and for all
- At the hosting institution, connect to the eduroam network
- Sign in with your eduroam login
Please take time to read the Terms and Conditions for Use of the Institute’s IT Resources and the "Potential restrictions" at the bottom of the page.
Instructions for the Graduate Institute
As a member of the IHEID Community you need to install the Graduate Institute's eduroam profile on your device :
- Be aware that your eduroam login is not your email address, it is your IHEID IT username followed by @graduateinstitute.ch
- Go to cat.eduroam.org and click on "download your eduroam installer"
- Select "Graduate Institute" among the «Home institutions» and follow the instructions
- When the login window is displayed, enter your eduroam login
At an external eduroam institution:
- Connect to eduroam network
- If necessary, enter your eduroam login to sign in
- In case you need to access the Graduate Institute's protected resources, such as e-journals or databases, start the VPN connection with your IHEID IT login.
- First, contact the Graduate Institute's IT Service desk.
- If you need further assistance, contact your Hosting institution's Service desk
Provided your Home institution's eduroam profile is installed; connect to eduroam using your Home institution's eduroam login (details).
- First contact your Home institution's Service Desk.
- If you need further assistance, contact the Graduate Institute's IT Service Desk.
"eduroam is based on the most secure encryption and authentication standards in existence today. Its security by far exceeds typical commercial hotspots. Be aware though that when using the general Internet at an eduroam hotspot, the local site security measures at that hotspot will apply to you as well. For example, the firewall settings at the visited place may be different from those you are used to at home, and as a guest you may have access to fewer services on the Internet than you have at home".
Source: eduroam FAQ
IT - Contact email / 307 - MCS - v1.50 / 16.04.2018