Graduate Institute Student Association (GISA)
The Graduate Institute Student Association (GISA) is tasked with being the voice and chief event organizer for the student body at the Graduate Institute. In short, its mission is to make sure all studnets have the richest student experience possible during their years in Geneva.
Every student at the Graduate Institute is a member of GISA and is welcome to attend meetings, parties, and discussions, as well as run for a position as either a Class Representative or a member of the six-person Executive Board.
The members of GISA work together to:
- ensure academic concerns are adequately addressed
- offer a diverse array of social and cultural activities
- communicate effectively and constantly with all Institute officials, faculty, and staff
- promote students' exchange as much as possible to foster a collegial and fun environment in and outside of the classroom
More information on GISA, including news and the association's statutes, may be found on their external website at http://mygisa.ch.
For incoming students
Over the past years, GISA has developed an extensive and helpful guide where admitted students can find all the information they need to settle in Geneva. Amongst other things, you can find information on:
- Life in Geneva (phones, food, banks, shopping, going out and more)
- Academic life at the Graduate Institute
- Student involvement
- Finding housing
You can find the student guide on GISA’s website.
In addition to the student guide, admitted students can also contact a current student from their own country to ask further questions. GISA has compiled a list of students who have volunteered to answer any questions you may have about being a student in Geneva. Students can even ask their questions in their preferred language, as the list features speakers of over 35 languages! You can find the list on GISA’s website.