Global Migration Award
The Global Migration Award has been created by the GMC to promote innovative and high quality research on global migration. The prize rewards a Master student of the Graduate Institute for her/his outsanding thesis in the field of global migration (including mobility, forced or voluntary migration, transnational or internal displacement, citizenship, diaspora and the many other issues linked to the movement of persons). It is delivered each year on a competitive basis following a peer review process, and is open to any Master students of the Graduate Institute regardless of their specialization.
The Award consists of:
- the opportunity to publish the Master thesis within the Global Migration Research Paper Series or within the Refugee Survey Quarterly and;
- a prize of 1'000 CHF.
How to apply
- Applicants must be enrolled in one of the Master Programmes of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.
- The perspective can be interdisciplinary or disciplinary alongside the main fields of the Graduate Institute, i.e., international relations, political science, international law, international history, international economics, development studies, anthropology and sociology of development.
- Theses are accepted in either French or English.
- Applicants should send their thesis, CV, grade transcripts and the thesis reports in a single PDF file to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should name their file in the following way: YOURNAME_Award2018.pdf.
The deadline to apply for the 2018 award will be announced soon.