Research at the CCDP
CCDP projects apply research methods that consciously depart from a purely problem-solving and policy-oriented approach in order to deliver focused, rigorous and substantive contributions to both academic and practitioner debates. With a team of faculty members and researchers spanning all of the disciplines at the Graduate Institute and offering a wealth of practical field experience, the CCDP’s comparative advantage lies in the multi-disciplinary perspective adopted for each research initiative.
Research at the CCDP is conducted with a variety of partners and sponsors across the globe, operating at the Swiss, international and field levels. These include private and public foundations, donor governments, international organisations, international and local NGOs, think tanks and university departments. Emphasis is placed on providing opportunities for researchers from the Global South to be actively involved in CCDP work streams.
- Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) Network
- Conflict analysis and the linkage between humanitarian action and peacebuilding practice
- Civil-Military Relations and the Dynamics of the Revolution: Tunisia's Security Sector from a Historical Perspective
- Curbing Illicit Financial Flows from Resource-rich Countries: Improving Natural Resource Governance to Finance the SDGs
- Films, Collective Memories and National History in Political Transitions, Conflict and Post-conflict Contexts
- Informing policy on plural security provision in urban contexts: Comparative insights from Lebanon, Kenya, and Tunisia
- Institutions for Sustainable Peace - Comparing Institutional Configurations for Divided Societies
- "In 2015, we are all indigenous" - Indigenism and the World Games of Indigenous Peoples
- Natural Resource Governance in Hybrid Political Orders: The Cases of North-Kivu and Katanga
- Opportunities and Obstacles facing Political Decentralization in Tunisia
- Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development: Monitoring in Switzerland
- The Business Community as a Peacebuilding Actor
- The Operational Experience of Business Environment Reform Programming in Fragility and Conflict-Affected Countries
- The Solutions Forum on SDG16+: Towards Implementation
- The Violence Prevention (VIPRE) Initiative
- Transparency: Qualities and Technologies of Global Gemstone Trading
- Unlocking Mutual Learning Processes: Conflict Analysis and the Micro-Dynamics of Practical Knowledge Diffusion
For a list of some of our already completed projects and initiatives click here.