- Application and Course Schedule
- Tuition Fees
- Entry Requirements
- Degrees Awarded
- Class Experience
- Alumni Benefits
For those who need a Swiss (Schengen) visa it is recommended to apply for admission by 10 December 2018.
Session 1: Global environmental governance | food security | water | leadership
Session 2: Climate change | energy | leadership
Session 3: Global governance (online)- subjected to the current ENV 2018 cohort
Session 4: Policymaking tools and practices | leadership
- Executive Certificate - CHF 9'600*
- Executive Master - CHF 22'000*
While we are not able to offer scholarships, we support accepted applicants in their funding applications.
Our tuition fees can be paid at once or in installment basis.
In addition, our early applicants who are admitted to the course could receive an "Early Bird" tuition reduction. Then, the tuition fees for the Executive Certificate would be 8'900 CHF instead of 9'600 CHF, and the Executive Master would be 20'000 CHF instead of 22'000 CHF (installments must be paid by Dec 15, 2018). Thus, we would highly recommend submitting your applications as early as possible in order to benefit our "Early Bird" offers.
For Executive Certificate only, Geneva tax-payers may be eligible for up to a CHF 2,250 discount: learn more
(*) travel and accommodation not included
- Selection is primarily based on candidates' professional experience and motivation
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years’ full-time work is highly recommended, participants typically range between 35 and 50 years of age
- Proficiency in English is required (no certificate is required, although interviews can be requested to validate capacity)
- Executive Certificate in Environmental Governance - Requires successful completion of Sessions 1 & 2 and assignments. The Executive Certificate (Certificate of Advanced Studies or CAS) is worth 15 ECTS.
- Executive Master in Environmental Governance & Policy Making - Requires successful completion of Sessions 1,2,3 & 4 and assignments. The Executive Master (Diploma of Advanced Studies or DAS) is worth 30 ECTS. Upgrade from Executive Certificate to Executive Master must be completed within three years from the start date of the Executive Certificate.
Designed as a multi-stakeholder, peer-to-peer learning experience with participants coming from all sectors -non governmental and international organisations, multinational companies, unions and associations, national government agencies and diplomatic missions- and backgrounds. As a member of a small class (typically 15-25 people), engage and interact with influential thinkers and practitioners from policy, science and industry.
Upon successful completion of the degree (Executive Certificate or Executive Master) participants become alumni of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, and get the following benefits:
- Full alumni membership of the Graduate Institute alumni network of 13,000+ members
- 10% discount on Executive Education programmes
- Career counselling services from the Graduate Institute
- Networking and professional development opportunities through alumni regional chapters