Conflict and Fragility Management
Executive Certificate & Master
Craft your skills to make development work in fragile contexts
The Executive Programme in Conflict and Fragility Management helps professionals design and implement sound and sustainable development policies in conflict-affected or fragile regions. It provides strategic analysis tools and enhances the communication and leadership capacity of participants who apply newly-acquired skills through a professional thesis at work.
- Key elements
- Who is the programme for
- Application process
- Main learning outcomes
- Our community
- Accreditation and diploma recognition
- Apply now
- Blends exposure to diverse global practices on conflict and fragility issues
- Job-related thesis project to enhance your organisation’s effectiveness
- Instruction from both regional experts and international faculty from Switzerland
- Take advantage of exposure to Geneva-based international organisations
- Exchange your experience with peers coming from all over the world
Working professionals at mid-career to senior career level, who hold or aspire to leadership positions in governments, international organisations and NGOs, as well as those in private sector seeking relevant skills and exposure.
6 months, from July/August 2019 to February 2020
- Module 1: 5 intensive weeks (full-time) in our regional hub in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Module 2 (Executive Master only): 4 months of applied practice (part-time with distance learning) at your place of work
- Module 3 (Executive Master only:) 3 weeks (full-time) immersion in Geneva at the Graduate Institute
- Online application form
- Form to be completed by your organisation and to be sent with a short cover letter on headed paper and signed by the contact person (the one who filled the form)
- Scanned copies of your academic degrees
-> Complete the online application form - available mid-September 2018
-> Download the form for your organisation (Executive Master only)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; candidates will receive an answer within a month after completing the online application (following the interview).
We encourage you to notify us by email of your intention to apply, so that we can guide you through the process. Individual appointments (in person or via skype) can be arranged with the programme director upon request.
- Enhance your ability to conduct strategic analyses and adopt a systematic consideration of the context, including institutional and societal dynamics
- Transform existing development projects with the results of the job-related thesis conducted during the programme
- Strengthen your leadership skills to effectively influence debates and decision-making
- Be part of a worldwide network of professionals facing the same challenges
Executive Certificate Degree
- Earn a Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) worth 15 ECTS
- Join an international peer group coming from various sectors
- Full immersion of 5 weeks in our regional hub, in a small class setting
- Access to projects and field visits
Executive Master Degree
- Earn a Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) worth 30 ECTS
- Strategic skills and tools in conflict and fragility management
- Deepen your professional expertise
- Gain a reputable degree in the field of development
Join an impressive and diverse alumni network of:
- 17'000 Graduate Institute alumni
- 110 nationalities for ExecEd alumni alone
This programme is a new thematic iteration of the internationally-recognized Executive Master in Development Policies and Practices (DPP). Established in 2003 and conducted in cooperation with regional partners in Africa, Latin America, Central & Southeast Asia, the DPP community counts more than 700 alumni in about 60 countries.
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies has the full status as an approved degree-granting institution (university-level) by the Swiss Agency for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ), under our French name, Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement (IHEID). The AAQ assures and promotes the quality of teaching and research at universities in Switzerland.
Furthermore, the Executive Education department is quality certified by the Swiss certification label, EduQua.