Conflict and Fragility Management
Executive Certificate & Master
Make development work in fragile contexts
The Executive Programme in Conflict and Fragility Management helps professionals design and implement sound and sustainable development policies in conflict-affected or fragile regions. It provides strategic analysis tools and enhances the communication and leadership capacity of participants who apply newly-acquired skills through a professional thesis at work.
- Key elements
- Who should apply
- Course outline
- Application process
- Our community
- Accreditation & diploma recognition
- Apply now
- Be exposed to diverse global practices on conflict and fragility issues
- Conduct a job-related thesis to enhance your organisation’s effectiveness
- Take advantage of instruction from both regional experts and internationally-recognized faculty
- Discover the Geneva-based international organisations
- Exchange your experience with peers coming from all over the world
Working professionals at mid-career to senior career level, who hold or aspire to leadership positions in governments, international organisations and NGOs, as well as those in private sector seeking relevant skills and exposure.
Experience a unique course outline, designed around 3 modules:
Module 1: 5 intensive weeks (full-time) in our regional hub in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan- July/August 2019
Module 2 (Executive Master only): 4 months (part-time with e-learning) at your place of work- September to December 2019
Module 3 (Executive Master only): 3 weeks (full-time) in international Geneva - January or February 2020
- Online application form
- Scanned copies of your academic degrees
- Letter of reference from current or previous employer - Executive Certificate only
- Form to be completed by your organisation and to be sent with a short cover letter on headed paper and signed by the contact person (the one who filled the form) - Executive Master only
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and candidates will receive an answer within a month after completing the online application (following the interview).
We encourage you to notify us by email of your intention to apply, so that we can guide you through the process. Individual appointments (in person or via skype) can be arranged with the programme director upon request.
Executive Certificate Degree
- Earn a Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) worth 15 ECTS
- Immerse yourself during 5 weeks in our regional hub, in a small class setting
- Take advantage of a personlized follow-up and a stimulating group dynamic
- Visit projects and meet regional development actors
Executive Master Degree
- Earn a Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) worth 30 ECTS
- Enhance your strategic skills and tools in conflict and fragility management
- Conduct a job-related thesis and deepen your professional expertise
- Take advantage of the exposure to international Geneva-based organisations
Join an impressive and diverse community of 17'000 alumni coming from all sectors and backgrounds, 110 nationalities for Executive Education alumni alone.
This programme is a new thematic iteration of the internationally-recognized Executive Master in Development Policies and Practices (DPP). Established in 2003 and conducted in cooperation with regional partners in Africa, Latin America, Central & Southeast Asia, the DPP community counts more than 700 alumni in about 60 countries.
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies has the full status as an approved degree-granting institution (university-level) by the Swiss Agency for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ), under our French name, Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement (IHEID). The AAQ assures and promotes the quality of teaching and research at universities in Switzerland.
Furthermore, the Executive Education department is quality certified by the Swiss certification label, EduQua.