SDGs and Impact Investing
How might we use impact investing to finance the SDGs ?
The 2030 agenda needs an estimated financing volume of USD 2.5 trillion per year. As public finance becomes increasingly scarce, directing private investments towards companies and projects that bring a significant, measurable, positive contribution to the SDGs could be an option. Impact Investing has opened the way and shown it was possible to mobilise private capital for good. How can we move to the next level?
- Understand the current landscape : SDG funding gap, Impact Investing current market, existing players and solutions
- Look forward : How can we bring Impact/SDG Investing from the margins into the mainstream?
- Discuss key barriers and enabling factors and come up with “design criteria” for impact investing solutions.
Participants will go through a process of “mind mapping” imported from the design thinking methodology. Ideas and opinions will be generated through interaction with our guest experts. We will look for patterns and insights, and use those to come up with “design criteria” for impact investing solutions. As they are grounded into user's experience -a key feature of design thinking- these criteria should be useful guidelines and reality checks to design impact investing solutions meeting your particular needs.
Facilitators and guest experts
- Valérie D'Hoedt Meyer, Director of Academic Development, Executive Education
- Andreas Holtberget, Trainer, Executive Education
- Juan Luis Coderque Galligo, Head of New Financing Models, ICRC
- Roland Dominice, CEO Symbiotics
- Bertrand Gacon, Head of Impact Lombard Odier
- Philippe Rudaz, Economic Affairs Officer, UNCTAD
- Fabio Sofia, President, Sustainable Finance Geneva
Who should attend?
Impact investing and sustainable finance professionals, institutional investors (pension funds, foundations, corporates) and international and national public sector professionals interested in finding solutions to the challenge of SDGs financing
How to register?
Please make your payment using the Weezevent form below. You registration will only be finalised upon receipt of payment of the registration fee. Limited number of seats available.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at Villa Barton, 132 Rue de Lausanne, Geneva.