The War on Plastic!
Live Issues Live
How do you solve a problem like plastic?
Join us for a panel discussion exploring one of the principal challenges of our time. Plastic seems to be an indispensable feature of our everyday lives. But our environment is at breaking point with plastic pollution. To take just one example, we throw 8 million tons of plastic into our oceans every year and by 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than there are fish!
Speaking from a range of perspectives – legal, civil society, enterprise, and governance, amongst others – the key stakeholders will elaborate upon the major fault-lines in regulating the production, use, and disposal of plastic products. They will also share their thoughts on emerging initiatives around plastic substitutes, recycling, clean-up projects and breaking society’s single-use mind-set. Audience members will also be very welcome to participate in the debate.
- Dr. Jason Rudall, Programme Manager, LL.M. in International Law
- Jorge E. Viñuales, Professor of Law and Environmental Policy at the University of Cambridge and Chair of the Compliance Committee of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Protocol on Water and Health.
- Dr. Marina Ruta, Expert at UCAN Partner: Strategy Execution for Sustainable Development.
- Brenda Koekkoek, Chemicals and Health Branch, UN Environment
- Ana Velloso, Consultant Environmental Scientist
- Joao Sousa, Senior Programme Officer, Marine Plastics, IUCN
- Sarah Perreard, P&SP EMEA Sustainability Manager, DuPont
- Date: Thursday 11 October
- Time: 18:30 - 20:00
- Location: Auditorium Jacques Freymond, 132 rue de lausanne
Parking is available in Parc Barton (no permit needed for evening events).
UNFORTUNATELY, THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. DO NOT HESITATE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO STAY INFORMED ON THE NEXT LIVE ISSUES LIVE EVENT.
A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN
Organized under the framework of:
- Executive Programmes in Environmental Governance and Policy Making
- Executive Programmes in Advocacy in International Affairs
- Executive Certificate in SDG Investing
+41 (0)22 908 43 85