The Emerging World: alternatives that can change everything
Live Issues Live
New social practices, ideas and concepts are emerging behind the instability of an increasingly unpredictable world, with a rise in ecological crises.
Activist groups, village communities and indigenous people on all continents are resisting oppression and exploitation, and imagining the alternatives that would make the world a fairer and more just place.
Come and engage with our guests on this crucial topic, and better understand:
- What are the main alternative visions? How are they complementary?
- What alternative visions mean for development actors?
- How they contribute in a concrete way to change, whether in developing countries or in our own context in Geneva?
Please note that the conference will be in English and French, with no translation services.
- Dr. Alexandre Dormeier Freire, Director of the Executive Master in Development Policies and Practices
- Pablo Solón, former Ambassador of Bolivia to the United Nations, co-author of Le monde qui émerge : Les alternatives qui peuvent tout changer
- Daniel Hofstettler, Head of International Programmes, Action de Carême
- Carole Zgraggen, President of the Chamber of the Social and Solidarity Economy of Geneva
- Isolda Agazzi, Journalist and Head of Development Policy, Alliance Sud
- Date: Tuesday 20 November
- Time: 18:00 - 20:00
- Location: Auditorium Jacques Freymond, 132 rue de lausanne
Parking is available in Parc Barton (no permit needed for evening events)
- Languages: The conference will be in English and French, with no translation services
ORGANIZED UNDER THE FRAMEWORK OF