Why choose the Institute?
Are you interested in an international career? Welcome to the Institute!
We are the oldest establishment in the world (1927) entirely devoted to preparing students for an international career, including jobs in universities. We are happy to welcome our students in the most modern urban campus at an institution of social sciences in the world today.
We prepare our students for a fulfilling professional life in three areas:
- international cooperation: national administrations operating on an international level (central banks, ministries of foreign affairs, of trade, of the economy, of finance, etc.), international organisations, non-governmental organisations, associations and international foundations
- international affairs: legal and consulting firms, multinationals (above all in the corporate/government affairs and public relations sectors), insurance and finance
the analysis of international life: university teaching and research, research departments within international institutions or companies, the media, think tanks, etc.
- our longstanding reputation, which continues to grow, a cosmopolitan environment, a worldwide alumni network (cf. alumni list)
- a remarkable level of expertise provided by outstanding teachers and a large number of young researchers (over 350 PhD students)
- established in the very heart of International Geneva, with its large number of diplomatic missions, international organisations and NGOs
- a bilingual English-French working environment, with a strong emphasis on classes taught in English and a unique opportunity for students to learn French or improve their language skills
- a global university network for researchers and student exchange programmes
- low tuition fees and substantial financial assistance
- an urban campus linking the Place des Nations to Lake Geneva, and with the magnificent Maison de la Paix at its centre
In 2015, it has been ranked amongst the 25 best universities preparing for policy careers in international relations by the Foreign Policy magazine.