The Institute invites applications for the following positions:
Full Professor of
ANTHROPOLOGY/SOCIOLOGY OF HEALTH
Application deadline: 15 August 2016
Associate Professor of
with a specialisation in one of the following fields:
- The history of international governance and systems
- The history of transnational actors and actions
The history of cultures, societies and markets in regional or global perspective
Application deadline: 20 August 2016
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies is an independent, selective and cosmopolitan research and higher education institution dedicated to the study of world affairs. It offers postgraduate study programmes, produces high-level research and proposes executive education programmes to international professionals. It also provides expertise and enriches the public debate on the main challenges of today's world, in particular on issues such as trade, conflict, the environment, gender, governance, migration and health.
The Graduate Institute hosts a vibrant community of scholars committed to accomplishing its mission by
- providing disciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching;
- conducting individual and collective research, to the largest extent possible with competitive funding;
- contributing to dialogue with international actors from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
- participating in executive education.
The Graduate Institute offers attractive working conditions and internationally competitive salary and benefits in a setting which promotes free thinking and independent research. Geneva and Switzerland provide pleasant living conditions and safe environment.