Economic, social and cultural rights as guarantee of non-repetition in the context of the Peace Accords in Colombia
Venue: Auditorium A2, Maison de la Paix, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2, Geneva
Following the signing of the Peace Accords between the Colombian government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) in November 2016, this lecture will consider the role of Colombian civil society in monitoring activities on the implementation of ESCR as well as their role in guaranteeing sustainable peace.
The debate will include scholars, representatives of the Colombian Platform of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the experience of peasants and afro-Colombian communities.
Translation into English will be available.
- Oliver Jütersonke, Head of Research, Centre on Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding (CCDP), The Graduate Institute, Geneva
- Christophe Gironde, Professor of Political Economy, The Graduate Institute, Geneva
- Liliana Vargas, Secretariat of the Colombian Platform on ESCR
- Claudia Ortiz, Representative of the Community of Entre-Rios
- Dioniso Rodriguez Paz, Coordinacion Regional del Pacifico
- Adriana Bessa, Research Fellow, The Geneva Academy
This event is organized in collaboration with the Master in Development Studies of the Graduate Institute Geneva, FIAN International, the Colombian Platform on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and Misereor.