Research at the CCDP
CCDP projects apply research methods that consciously depart from a purely problem-solving and policy-oriented approach in order to deliver focused, rigorous and substantive contributions to both academic and practitioner debates. With a team of faculty members and researchers spanning all of the disciplines at the Graduate Institute and offering a wealth of practical field experience, the CCDP’s comparative advantage lies in the multi-disciplinary perspective adopted for each research initiative.
Research at the CCDP is conducted with a variety of partners and sponsors across the globe, operating at the Swiss, international and field levels. These include private and public foundations, donor governments, international organisations, international and local NGOs, think tanks and university departments. Emphasis is placed on providing opportunities for researchers from the Global South to be actively involved in CCDP work streams.
- Action Learning for Conflict Analysis (ALCA): The Micro-Dynamics of Humanitarian Knowledge Production in Protracted Crises
- The Business Community as a Peacebuilding Actor
- Coherence or Contestation: Chinese, Japanese and Russian Approaches to the Transformation of Peacebuilding Practices
- Curbing Illicit Financial Flows from Resource-rich Countries: Improving Natural Resource Governance to Finance the SDGs
- The Europe-Latin America Violence, Security and Peace (VSP) Network
- Films, Collective Memories and National History in Political Transitions, Conflict and Post-conflict Contexts
- Gangs, Gangsters, and Ganglands: Towards a Global Comparative Ethnography
- The Operational Experience of Business Environment Reform Programming in Fragility and Conflict-Affected Countries
- Opportunities and Obstacles facing Political Decentralization in Tunisia
- The Solutions Forum on SDG16+: Towards Implementation
- Transparency: Qualities and Technologies of the Global Gemstone Industry
- Violence Prevention (VIPRE): Towards a Material-Semiotic Approach to the Prevention of Violent Human Rights Abuses
For a list of some of our already completed projects and initiatives click here.