The rights to water and sanitation
Round Table Discussion | Villa BartonEnvironmental Governance & Policy-Making
The rights to water and sanitation have been recognised in a range of international instruments. Yet, their implementation remains a major challenge. Join a distinguished panel of experts as they consider, among other questions:
- What progress has been made ensuring the rights to water and sanitation for all?
- What are the international mechanisms for the implementation of the rights to water and sanitation, and what impact have they had?
- What synergies can be achieved between the relevant human rights and environmental instruments?
- Virgina Bras Gomes (Moderator), Chairperson of the Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Committee
- Prof. Jonas Ebbesson, University of Stockholm and Chairperson, Compliance Committee, Aarhus Convention
- Prof. Olivier de Frouville, University of Paris II and Member of the Human Rights Committee
- Prof. Jorge E. Vinuales, University of Cambridge and Chairperson of the Compliance Committee of the Protocol on Water and Health
- Date: Thursday 15 March 2018
- Time: 18.15 – 19.45
- Location: Villa Barton