Building Transparency into African Oil, Gas and Mining
This event is organised by the journal International Development Policy
Auditorium Pictet A
Maison de la paix, Geneva
Achieving open and accountable management of African natural resources will be a massive challenge. This public debate assesses how to deliver effective governance and revenue transparency, as well as better dialogue between governments, industrial producers, trading companies and civil society. The event takes place immediately following a board meeting of the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (EITI) in Berne.
- Bady Baldé, Regional Director for Central Africa and Madagascar, EITI
- Andrew Gowers, Global Head of Corporate Affairs, Trafigura
- Ali Idrissa, National Coordinator for Niger, Réseau des organisations pour la transparence et l’analyse budgétaire (ROTAB)
- Florent Michel Okoko, Advisor to the Minister of Economy & Finance, Congo
- Gilles Carbonnier, Professor of Development Economics and Director of Studies, The Graduate Institute
This event is organised by the journal International Development Policy.
La conférence se déroulera en anglais et en français. Les participants pourront intervenir dans les deux langues.
This event will be conducted in English and French, and participants can interact in both languages.