Phone : +41 79 372 1805
Mondays: 8:00-9:00 or by appointment
Position(s) at the Institute
PhD, Sussex University
Faculty member since 1997, Dr Low is also Head of Economic Research and Statistics at the World Trade Organisation Secretariat. He previously worked in the research complex at the World Bank (1990-1994). He has taught at Colegio de México and has been Adjunct Professor at the Kent State University Geneva Semester Programme since 1996. His main research interests and publications are in the fields of international trade and trade policy.
Areas of expertise
- International trade theory and policy
- (with Roberta Piermartini and Jurgen Richtering) "Non-Reciprocal Preference Erosion Arising From MFN Liberalization in Agriculture: What Are the Risks?" WTO Working Paper Series ERSD-2006.02, 2006.
- (with Roberta Piermartini and Jurgen Richtering) "Multilateral Solutions to the Erosion of Non-Reciprocal Preferences in NAMA" WTO Working Paper Series ERSD-2005.05, 2005.
- (with Peter Gallagher and Andrew Stoler, eds.) Managing the Challenges of WTO Participation: 45 Case Studies, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- (with Alexander Keck) "Special and Differential Treatment in the WTO: Why, When and How?" WTO Working Paper Series ERSD-2004.03, 2004.
- "Developing Countries in the Multilateral Trading System: The Insights of Robert E. Hudec", Journal of World Trade, Vol. 37 No. 4, August 2003.
- (with Aaditya Mattoo) "Approaches to Further Liberalization of Trade in Services" in Will Martin and Mari Pangestu (eds.) Options for Global Trade Reform: A View from the Asia-Pacific, Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- "The Treatment of Subsidies in the WTO Framework" in Claus Dieter Ehlermann and Michelle Everson (eds.), European Competition Law Annual 1999: Selected Issues in the Field of State Aids, Hart Publishing, 200.1