Executive Master in International Oil and Gas Leadership (IOG)
Expand your knowledge and management skills that are critical for leading in both public and private sectors related to oil and gas
Key Programme Features
- Flexibility: part-time degree programme, modules of 2 weeks each. After completing (or waiving) the introductory module, candidates can choose either a shorter 3-modules programme track (DAS) or the full 4-modules programme (MAS).
- Multi-stakeholder learning teams of mid-career professionals from both public and private sectors. The programme is designed for participants with a minimum of 5 years of post-bachelor's degree experience.
- Blended approach of applied theory and practice from across and beyond the energy industry. The interdisciplinary curriculum ranges from governance to management and development issues. Courses combine topic-focused and skill-based courses (effective communication, negotiation).
- Engagements with Thought Leaders from both public and private sectors, via field visits ( for ex. past visits have included Brussels' EU energy institutions, the Antwerp Port, Vienna's OPEC secretariat) and lectures from a range of experts and guest speakers.
- Unique approach to leadership: learn leadership skills by exercizing them-by taking positions in class debates, writing module assessments and drafting and defending a Master's thesis where you will be asked to take a position and defend it.
To learn more about the programme, click here.
For more information on admissions, click here.
About The Graduate Institute and IFP School
The Graduate Institute is Switzerland's premier school for world affairs and development studies, located at the heart of International Geneva.
The introductory module and 3 of the 4 modules of the programme are delivered at the Graduate Institute's lakeside Villa Barton, dedicated exclusively to executive education and minutes away from the Graduate Institute's Maison de la Paix.
IFP Energies Nouvelles is a world-class energy research and development centre focusing on the fields of energy, transport and environment. Based in Rueil-Malmaison, minutes from La Defense business district of Paris, it is the premier institution in France for specialised postgraduate studies in the energy sector.
The co-directors present the programme
"This programme has been designed to advance the careers of professionals working in the oil and gas industry or in related areas who may have technical expertise in their fields but who wish to gain a broader view of the global industry. Advancing to a leadership role requires new knowledge and skills in the areas of (for ex.) corporate governance, strategy development, corporate and project finance, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Participants will be prepared to deal with challenges in these and other important subjects. In addition, they will learn from their peers from various countries and professional backgrounds. We believe an important benefit of the programme is the participants’ exposure to a diverse group of mid-career professionals, all sharing a common learning experience."
John Gault, Giacomo Luciani, Alexander Van de Putte