The Financial System We Need
A new UNEP report explores how the financial system can be harnessed to the needs of a productive, inclusive and environmentally-responsible economy. This event debates what reforms will be needed for the policies, rules and practices that govern financial and capital markets.
Presentation: key findings from The Financial System We Need
- Simon Zadek, Senior Fellow, International Institute of Sustainable Development
- Inger Andersen, Director General, International Union for Conservation of Nature (tbc)
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Council (tbc)
- Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary-General, UNCTAD
- Bruno Oberle, Adjunct Professor, EPFL; member of the UNEP Inquiry Advisory Council
- Ugo Panizza, Professor of International Economics; Pictet Chair in Finance and Development and Deputy Director, Centre for Finance and Development, the Graduate Institute, Geneva
Moderator: Mark Halle, Vice-President, Strategy, International Institute for Sustainable Development.
Organised within the framework of the Geneva Environment Network, in collaboration with IISD.