Measuring and monitoring implementation of the SDGs: Fit for purpose?
Organised by the eJournal International Development Policy in partnership with the Millennium Institute and the Centre for Finance and Development
Auditorium Ivan Pictet
Maison de la paix, Geneva
Registration is now closed.
Following the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in September 2015, the United Nations released implementation indicators in March 2016. Monitoring progress is now of the essence:
- How should diverse stakeholders move forward with respect to monitoring SDG implementation at different levels?
- What are implicit theories of change underlying performance indicators?
- In an era of ‘big data’, how can we generate data that are relevant, accurate, credible and affordable?
This event brings together academics, policymakers and development professionals for a day-long conference, organised in four panels:
1. Multi-level/multi-stakeholder monitoring
2. A holistic view of complex adaptive systems
3. Monitoring across sectors
4. Bigger and better: “big data” as a magic bullet?
View the programme here.