Human rights "without borders": Risks and challenges for Swiss companies
Organised by the Institute and the Fondation Guilé
Professor in Human Rights and International Affairs at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, and former UN Secretary-General Special Representative on business and human rights.
Member of the Board of the Fondation Guilé, former Chairman of the Novartis Foundation, and President of the Global Value Alliance.
Auditorium Ivan Pictet
Maison de la paix, Geneva
Please register here.
- Regis Burrus, Fondation Guilé President
Welcome and setting the scene
- Cédric Dupont, Professor of International Relations and Political Science, and Director of Executive Education Programmes, Graduate Institute Geneva
The UN’s “Protect, Respect and Remedy” framework for corporate human rights responsibilities: A leadership opportunity for Swiss companies
- John Ruggie, Professor, Harvard Kennedy School
How Switzerland can make the difference?
- Klaus Leisinger, Member of the Board of the Fondation Guilé
- Claude Wild, Ambassador, Head of the Human Security Division, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Peter Niggli, CEO Alliance Sud
- Business representatives: Matthias Leisinger, Kuoni; Robin Cornelius, Switcher; Stéphane Graber, Swiss Trading and Shipping Association (STSA)
Conclusions and next steps
- Klaus Leisinger
A cocktail reception will follow at 19:00.
Photos © US Mission Eric Bridiers, CGIAR