At the Institute
The fees payable each term vary according to the place of residence of the student at the time of their application. The fees have been set at CHF 1,500 for individuals with valid Swiss residence permits at the time of the application and CHF 2,500 for all others.
The following categories of students registered at the Institute are exempt from payment of fees:
- Students in receipt of a study grant from the State of Geneva;
- Teaching Assistants at the Institute (similarly, Teaching Assistants at the University of Geneva, upon presentation of their contracts of employment);
- Students in receipt of a full grant given by the Institute or throught the Institute;
- Students in receipt of a grant from the Federal Commission of Scholarships for Foreign Students;
- Students who hold scholarships for young researchers from the Swiss National Science Foundation;
- Students in receipt of an exchange scholarship (Gallatin, Europaeum, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy) or who are spending a semester at the Institute as part of an exchange programme with a partner institution.
At the University of Geneva
In addition, all students registered at the Institute must pay a fee of CHF 65 (no exemptions are possible) to the University of Geneva.