Capacity Building in International Relations in the south caucasus
CABIR is a training project financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the Graduate Institute of Geneva in cooperation with local partners in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. (Website: www.cabir.org)
This project that started in 2001 aims at reinforcing capacities of civil servants from the South Caucasus region. It was preceded by a series of diplomatic training courses organised in the framework of the Swiss International Relations University Seminar (SIRUS).
The new phase of the CABIR training project (2011-2013) foresees the organisation of two National Training Programmes per country per year, a Regional Training Programme per year in one of the participating countries as well as a Swiss Leadership Award Programme that will be held in Geneva once a year. The activities of the project also include the development and the promotion of the alumni network through the CABIR Alumni Councils.
- To train civil servants in the subjects of Human Rights, Humanitarian Law, International Economics, Energy related issues as well as Negotiation and Communication Techniques;
- To strengthen governance for effective representation at the international level;
- To increase accountability and transparency in the management of public affairs;
- To improve access to information;
- To support the capacity building of local non-governmental actors.
- National Training Programmes Now open for applications!
- Regional Training Programmes
- Swiss Leadership award
- Alumni Council