- University degree and professional experience in the field of development or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- A position of responsibility in an association or in the private or public sector;
- Sound knowledge of languages and IT;
- Support of a host institution;
- Optimal age: between 25 and 40 years.
Admission is decided by an Executive Committee. There is no automatic right of admission either on the basis of professional experience or education. In addition to the conditions listed above, the Committee’s decisions are also guided by a necessity to ensure balance based on regional origin, gender, educational and professional background as well as by the proposed dissertation topics. The latter are also subject to approval by the Committee.