News from the Institute
Highlights: a US$ 10 million grant from Mrs Kathryn Davis, the “Campus de la paix” architectural projects.
No 3, Spring 2009
Globe is a publication dedicated to life at the Institute with special emphasis on issues on which faculty members and researchers are working. Each edition focuses on a thematic topic linking research to current events. Articles are written in French and/or English. It has a print run of 9,000 and is distributed in Switzerland and abroad; Globe is published twice a year (October and April).
The highlights of this edition include:
- The US$ 10 million grant from Mrs Kathryn Davis for the “Campus de la paix”
- Presentation of the “Campus de la paix” project by Charles Kleiber, architect and former Secretary of State for Education and Research, mandated by the Foundation Board of the Institute to conceive and oversee the development of the Campus
- Presentation of the projects by the winners of the architectural competition
- The financial crisis as seen through the eyes of three Institute professors
- Special issue: “Peacebuilding”
- Interview with Patricia Espinosa, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico and alumnus of the Institute
- Forthcoming symposia at the Institute
- Recent publications by Professors from the Institute, including:
US Foreign Policy in Perspective: Clients, Enemies and Empire, by David Sylvan and Optimal Protection of International Law: Navigating Between European Absolutism and American Voluntarism, by Joost Pauwelyn.
Finally, a short tribute to the late Professor Victor-Yves Ghebali and Dr Ellen Wiegandt.
Take a look at the electronic edition of Globe