Phone : +41 22 908 4520
Thursdays and Fridays 14:00-16:00
Position(s) at the Institute
Co-cordinator for research on “Biodiversity”, Centre for International Environmental Studies
PhD University of Geneva (Graduate Institute of International Studies)
Marc Hufty's current research activities focus on multi-level environmental governance processes. He has taught and done field research in Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Nicaragua, Madagascar and South Africa.
Areas of expertise
- Seghezzo, L., Volante, J.N., Paruelo, J., Somma, D.J., Buliubasich, E.C., Rodriguez, H., Gagnon, S., Hufty, M. (Forthcoming). Native Forests and Agricultural Development in Salta, Argentina: Visions, Discourses, and Practices. Journal of Environment and Development.
- Hufty, M. and Haakenstad, A. (2011). Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation: A Critical Review. Consilience: The Journal of Sustainable Development. Columbia University. 5 (1): 1-24. Open access.
- Hufty, M. 2010. Gobernanza en Salud Pública: Hacia un Marco Analítico. Revista de Salud Pública. 12 (1) Febrero: 39-61.
- Hufty, M. (Forthcoming). Investigating Policy Processes: The Governance Analytical Framework. In: NCCR North-South Synthesis. H. Hurni and U. Wiesmann (eds). Bern: NCCR North-South / Geographica Bernensia.
- Hufty, M. (Forthcoming) A political ecology of Latin American forests through time, Latin America: Dreams and Legacy 1810‐2010. C. Auroi and A. Held (eds). London: Imperial College Press.
Link to Marc Hufty's Scholarly Papers
Fellowship and activities
- 2011/14. Coordinator. Research project “Adapting to Adaptation (ADAPT2): Studying the influence of climate change adaptation discourses and policies on local governance processes”. Financed by the Swiss National Fund for Scientific Research.
- 2010/12. Coordinator. Research project “Can small players make a difference? A multilevel governance assessment of the Swiss contribution to the establishment of an international regime on Biodiversity (SWIC-2)”. Financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Education and Research.
- 2008/11. Member of the Coordination Committee, Coordinator for Switzerland, COST Action IS0802 “The Transformation of Global Environmental Governance: Risks and Opportunities (TGEG)”